Last Updated on September 24, 2021 by Tracy Jackson
Creating a solid content strategy for your website or blog will definitely help you rank higher on search engines. But how do you know how your content is performing?
Are you doing enough to stand apart from your competitors?
Which of your blog posts or landing pages is bringing in most of your organic traffic?
You need to track your keyword rankings with rank ranking tools to know all of these things and rank higher than your competitors.
But how do you choose the best rank tracking tool for your site?
In today’s post, I have rounded up all the best rank tracker tools on the market right now. Take a look at the key features and pricing and figure out which one suits your business needs the best.
Most of these tools have a free trial, so you can always test out your favorite tools and see which one serves you best.
Want to know which rank trackers made the list? Then read on.
Disclaimer: If you buy something using the links in this article, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Know that I only promote stuff that I use and trust for the sake of my readers and the reputation of this site.
Table of Contents
What Is A Keyword Rank Tracker?
Keyword rank tracker tools allow you to check the positions of keywords that a particular website or landing page ranks for on the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages).
Why Should You Use a SERP Keyword Tracking Tool?
A SERP keyword rank tracker tool helps you understand which keywords your site is ranking for. Rank tracking software also provides you keyword research information such as keyword difficulty and search volume.
Keyword tracking tools help you identify potential keywords you could try ranking for. They allow you to analyze your competitors and see which keywords they are ranking for, where they get their traffic from, and their domain authority.
Best Rank Tracker Tools in 2021
SEMrush is one of the best rank tracker tools (SEO tools) that allows you to track changes of your target keywords in your target locations on a daily basis.
With SEMrush’s SERP Tracking Tools, you can monitor your performance on Google’s SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages) and find new opportunities to improve your online presence.
- Position Tracking allows you to track keywords, domains, and competitors on a search engine like Google
- Track campaign progress
- Spot and fix cannibalization
- Optimize your targeting efforts based on accurate, up-to-date ranking data
- Track the volatility of SERPs on Google and Baidu based on daily rank changes
- SEMrush’s Sensor allows you to monitor signs that could indicate a change in Google’s algorithm
- Research domains with most organic visibility
- Discover domains with the most paid keywords and paid traffic
SEMrush offers three paid plans billed annually or monthly:
- Pro starts at $99.95 per month billed annually
- Guru starts at $191.62 per month billed annually
- Business starts at $374.95 per month billed annually
Ahrefs is an all-in-one SEO tool set that helps you maximize your SEO efforts and make your websites rank on major search engines.
With Ahrefs, you can optimize your website, analyze your competitors, learn what your target customers are searching for, study the top-ranking content from your industry, and track your ranking progress.
- Site Audit helps you check your website’s on-page SEO performance
- Site Explorer gives you an in-depth look at the organic search traffic and backlink profile of any website or URL
- Keywords Explorer helps you discover thousands of great keyword ideas, analyze their ranking difficulty, and calculate their traffic potential
- Content Explorer helps you discover and analyze the top-performing content in your industry or niche
- Rank Tracker allows you to monitor your rankings over time and compare your performance with your competitors’
Ahrefs offers a 7-day trial for $7 to track keyword rankings and search engine rankings.
Paid plans are as follows:
- Lite starts at $82 per month billed annually
- Standard starts at $149 per month billed annually
- Advanced starts at $332 per month billed annually
- Agency starts at $832 per month billed annually
3. SERPWatcher by Mangools
SERPWatcher is a rank and keyword tracking tool that claims to be more advanced than other keyword rank trackers in the market.
SERPWatcher helps you see how your site truly performs in the SERPS with both simple and advanced SEO data for both beginners and experts.
- Performance Index helps you understand the organic potential of your website based on current keyword positions and their search volumes
- Daily rank updates and historical data
- Track rankings for different locations and devices
- The interactive report sharing features helps you share reports with your clients and colleagues
SERPWatcher offers a 10-day free trial.
Here are their paid plans:
- Mangools Basic starts at $29.90 per month billed annually
- Mangools Premium starts at $39.90 per month billed annually
- Mangools Agency starts at $79.90 per month billed annually
4. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is yet another all-in-one SEO software tool that helps you monitor keyword rankings in real-time across major search engines.
SE Ranking offers some of the best rank tracker tools that can help you push your website’s rankings into the top 10 search results.
- Real-time, accurate keyword rank tracking across major search engines on a country/ region/ city level
- SEO/PPC COmpetitive