Creating a solid content strategy for your website or blog will definitely help you rank higher on search engines. But how do you know how your content is performing?
Are you doing enough to stand apart from your competitors?
Which of your blog posts or landing pages is bringing in most of your organic traffic?
You need to track your keyword rankings with rank ranking tools to know all of these things and rank higher than your competitors.
But how do you choose the best rank tracking tool for your site?
In today’s post, I have rounded up all the best rank tracker tools on the market right now. Take a look at the key features and pricing and figure out which one suits your business needs the best.
Most of these tools have a free trial, so you can always test out your favorite tools and see which one serves you best.
Want to know which rank trackers made the list? Then read on.
Disclaimer: If you buy something using the links in this article, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Know that I only promote stuff that I use and trust for the sake of my readers and the reputation of this site.
What Is A Keyword Rank Tracker?
Keyword rank tracker tools allow you to check the positions of keywords that a particular website or landing page ranks for on the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages).
Why Should You Use a SERP Keyword Tracking Tool?
A SERP keyword rank tracker tool helps you understand which keywords your site is ranking for. Rank tracking software also provides you keyword research information such as keyword difficulty and search volume.
Keyword tracking tools help you identify potential keywords you could try ranking for. They allow you to analyze your competitors and see which keywords they are ranking for, where they get their traffic from, and their domain authority.
Best Rank Tracker Tools in 2021
SEMrush is one of the best rank tracker tools (SEO tools) that allows you to track changes of your target keywords in your target locations on a daily basis.
With SEMrush’s SERP Tracking Tools, you can monitor your performance on Google’s SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages) and find new opportunities to improve your online presence.
- Position Tracking allows you to track keywords, domains, and competitors on a search engine like Google
- Track campaign progress
- Spot and fix cannibalization
- Optimize your targeting efforts based on accurate, up-to-date ranking data
- Track the volatility of SERPs on Google and Baidu based on daily rank changes
- SEMrush’s Sensor allows you to monitor signs that could indicate a change in Google’s algorithm
- Research domains with most organic visibility
- Discover domains with the most paid keywords and paid traffic
SEMrush offers three paid plans billed annually or monthly:
- Pro starts at $99.95 per month billed annually
- Guru starts at $191.62 per month billed annually
- Business starts at $374.95 per month billed annually
Ahrefs is an all-in-one SEO tool set that helps you maximize your SEO efforts and make your websites rank on major search engines.
With Ahrefs, you can optimize your website, analyze your competitors, learn what your target customers are searching for, study the top-ranking content from your industry, and track your ranking progress.
- Site Audit helps you check your website’s on-page SEO performance
- Site Explorer gives you an in-depth look at the organic search traffic and backlink profile of any website or URL
- Keywords Explorer helps you discover thousands of great keyword ideas, analyze their ranking difficulty, and calculate their traffic potential
- Content Explorer helps you discover and analyze the top-performing content in your industry or niche
- Rank Tracker allows you to monitor your rankings over time and compare your performance with your competitors’
Ahrefs offers a 7-day trial for $7 to track keyword rankings and search engine rankings.
Paid plans are as follows:
- Lite starts at $82 per month billed annually
- Standard starts at $149 per month billed annually
- Advanced starts at $332 per month billed annually
- Agency starts at $832 per month billed annually
3. SERPWatcher by Mangools
SERPWatcher is a rank and keyword tracking tool that claims to be more advanced than other keyword rank trackers in the market.
SERPWatcher helps you see how your site truly performs in the SERPS with both simple and advanced SEO data for both beginners and experts.
- Performance Index helps you understand the organic potential of your website based on current keyword positions and their search volumes
- Daily rank updates and historical data
- Track rankings for different locations and devices
- The interactive report sharing features helps you share reports with your clients and colleagues
SERPWatcher offers a 10-day free trial.
Here are their paid plans:
- Mangools Basic starts at $29.90 per month billed annually
- Mangools Premium starts at $39.90 per month billed annually
- Mangools Agency starts at $79.90 per month billed annually
4. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is yet another all-in-one SEO software tool that helps you monitor keyword rankings in real-time across major search engines.
SE Ranking offers some of the best rank tracker tools that can help you push your website’s rankings into the top 10 search results.
- Real-time, accurate keyword rank tracking across major search engines on a country/ region/ city level
- SEO/PPC COmpetitive Research allows you to discover the keywords and ads that your competitors use in their paid and organic search campaigns
- Website Audit helps you push your website to the top 10 Google rankings by finding on-page and off-page issues and suggesting ways you can fix them
- Discover, monitor, and control all of your backlinks
- On-page SEO Checker helps you optimize each of your pages for a particular keyword
SE Ranking offers a free 14-day trial for new users.
SE Ranking has a really cool plan and pricing calculator that helps you calculate your plan depending on the ranking checks frequency and your subscription period.
The annual plans for daily rank checks are as follows:
- Essential starts at $31 per month billed annually
- Pro starts at $71 per month billed annually
- Business starts at $151 per month billed annually
Serpstat is an all-in-one SEO tool for professionals that helps automate SEO processes and track rankings. Serpstat is an accurate rank tracker that helps you keep track of your projects and view their history and analytics reports.
Serpstat was designed for use by SEO specialists and analytics experts, PPC specialists, content managers, and digital marketers.
- Serpstat has one of the best keyword rank trackers that helps you in SERP tracking and research with advanced analytics
- Backlink Analysis gives you all the backlink data you need in one click so that you can keep track of your competitors’ backlink strategies
- Keyword Research gives you an in-depth URL analysis with insights on Search Questions and Related Keywords
- Site Audit gives your website a Serpstat Domain Optimization Score so that you can track the SEO performance of your site
- Competitors Research helps you analyze all of your competitors online and follow keyword trends
Serpstat has four pricing plans:
- Lite starts at $55 per month billed annually
- Standard starts at $119 per month billed annually
- Advanced starts at $239 per month billed annually
- Enterprise starts at $399 per month billed annually
6. Wincher Rank Tracker
Wincher claims to offer the world’s simplest SEO tools to help you get quality traffic from organic searches and monitor your keyword performance.
Wincher helps you boost your search rankings, track your SEO performance, outrank your competitors, and snowball organic volumes.
- Wincher has an intuitive interface with daily rank tracking
- Keep track of your competitors with daily competitor ranking updates
- The Keyword Research Tool integrates with the keyword rank tracker
- Local Rank TRacking allows you to access ranking data across 180 countries
- Integrates with Google Search Console
- Wincher offers complete API access so that you can integrate it according to your needs
Wincher offers a free trial for users.
Wincher’s paid plans are as follows:
- Starter at $28 per month billed annually
- Business at $58 per month billed annually
- Enterprise at $234 per month billed annually
7. Moz Pro
Moz Pro is an all-in-one suite of the best rank tracking tools that helps your rank higher and gain quality traffic from search engines.
Moz Pro helps you target the right keywords, understand your visitors, and fine-tune your SEO strategy.
- Keyword Explorer helps you understand your visitors by showing you what keywords they are searching for and also keyword search volume
- Moz offers one of the best rank tracker tools with a Search Visibility Score that shows you how you rank for keywords
- Site Crawl helps you crawl and audit your sites so that you can find and fix issues
- On-page optimization features help you rank for your target keywords by auditing your content and suggesting improvements
- Link Explorer helps you find link opportunities by looking at your competitors’ backlink profiles
- Moz’s Custom Reports helps you customize your pdf reports with drag-and-drop modules
Moz Pro offers a free 30-day trial to new users.
Moz’s paid plans include a one-on-one walkthrough and 24-hour support.
- Standard starts at $79 per month billed annually
- Medium starts at $143 per month billed annually
- Large starts at $199 per month billed annually
- Premium starts at $479 per month billed annually
8. Pro Rank Tracker
Pro Rank Tracker offers the best rank tracking tool for professionals that gives you a complete picture of your search rankings.
Pro Rank Tracker gives you rank tracking, analysis, and research, and reporting features that will help you climb higher in search engine results.
- ProRankTracker has the most accurate keyword rank tracking tool in the market with a state-of-the-art algorithm
- PRT offers up-to-date, easy-to-analyze SEO ranking information for your site with daily automatic updates
- Local and mobile rank tracking to track SERP results on all devices
- Variety of analysis and research tools like the Comprehensive Reporting Center, Keyword Suggestions Tool, and Keyword Search Volume
- Comprehensive and in-depth white-label reports
Pro Rank Tracker offers a free forever plan with premium features enabled for 30 days.
The site has a nice pricing calculator that lets you choose your plan based on the number of tracked terms.
Pro Rank Tracker’s paid plans are as follows:
- Starter starts at $11 per month billed annually
- Pro starts at $71 per month billed annually
- Agency starts at $144 per month billed annually
9. Authority Labs
Authority Labs is an SEO tool that helps you automate your SEO monitoring, track local and mobile rankings, and track your competitors.
Authority Labs allows you to collect and analyze SEO data no matter what the size of your business is by providing reliable and accurate keyword data.
- Authority Labs’ Rank Tracker helps you monitor SEO performance with reliable and accurate keyword data
- Automate local rank tracking and mobile rank tracking
- Daily advanced web ranking allows you to react quickly to changes in algorithms
- Track competitor domains and compare them with your own website’s performance
- Unlimited users allow you to have separate logins for colleagues and clients
- You can track the most accurate keyword ranking data and use it in your Google Data Studio reports
Authority Labs offers a free 14-day trial to new users.
Paid plans are as follows:
- Plus starts at $49 per month
- Pro starts at $99 per month
- Pro Plus starts at $225 per month
- Enterprise starts at $450 per month
RankRanger is one of the best rank tracking software that helps you drive organic growth with unique insights, competitor analysis, and progress monitoring.
RankRanger gives you the data you need to increase organic performance and drive traffic to your site.
- Custom Rank Tracking gives you daily, weekly, and monthly SEO rank tracking so that you can track your bank through multiple vantage points
- Monitor mobile rankings for different countries and devices
- Discover who your top competitors are and monitor their rankings and strategies across organic and paid searches
- The SEO software helps you create custom graphs and widgets
- Monitor site visibility and search engine rankings
- Track local ad rankings and gain unique paid search insights
- Research target keywords by search volume
- Integrate with powerful tools like Google Analytics and Google Search Console
RankRanger offers the following paid plans:
- Lite starts at $79 per month
- Standard starts at $149 per month
- Pro starts at $699 per month
- Premium starts at $2,700 per month
11. SEO PowerSuite
SEO PowerSuite is an SEO software that helps you improve your search engine rankings and outrank your competition. SEO PowerSuite offers keyword research, ranking, SEO, and other tools that allow you to generate more traffic and sales.
SEO PowerSuite was designed to combine immense SEO capabilities with ease of use to help SEO professionals save time.
- Rank Tracker offers automatic rank tracking and keyword research to help you outrank your competitors
- SEO SpyGlass offers in-depth backlink monitoring and research so that you can analyze your competitors’ backlink strategies
- Website Auditor offers full website audit and content optimization with detailed crawl stats and site audit reports
- LinkAssistant helps you in effective link outreach and link management
SEO PowerSuite offers a free forever plan with limited features.
SEO PowerSuite’s paid plans include:
- Professional starting at $299 per year
- Enterprise starting at $699 per year
Nightwatch allows you to track your search engine rankings on all leading search engines down to ZIP code level.
Nightwatch helps you receive accurate data across multiple devices so that you can continuously optimize your SEO efforts.
- Nightwatch Rank Tracker helps you stay ahead of the competition with accurate rank tracking data across more than 100,000 locations worldwide
- Create customer segments to monitor your performance across keywords and pages
- The SEO Reporting tool helps you create beautiful, easy-to-intepret, white-labeled reports for your clients
- Site Audit helps you monitor and optimize your on-page SEO performance
- Discover and fix broken links and pages
- Segment your important URLs and understand how each one affects your overall SEO efforts
Nightwatch offers new users a 14-day free trial.
Paid plans are as follows:
- Starter plan starts at $24 per month billed annually
- Optimize plan starts at $59 per month billed annually
- Agency plan starts at $221 per month billed annually
13. Advanced Web Ranking (AWR)
Advanced Web Ranking (AWR) is a rank tracking tool that has been around for quite some time. AWR offers fresh ranking data on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
AWR lets you track your site’s performance accurately in the SERPs no matter which location or device you want to track.
- AWR’s Rank Tracker provides you with reliable SERP data for more than 4,000 search engines with actionable metrics and keyword opportunity discovery
- Get mobile and desktop keyword rankings to track, compare, and optimize your website’s performance in SERPs
- Interactive reports help you visualize your SEO progress and share them with clients and team members
- AWR helps you improve the organic performance and visibility of your landing pages
- Discover who your competitors are and target the most effective keywords that will help you rank high
AWR offers a 30-day free trial with all the features.
Here are AWR’s paid plans:
- Starter plan starts at $44 per month billed annually
- Pro plan starts at $89 per month billed annually
- Agency plan starts at $179 per month billed annually
- Enterprise plan starts at $449 per month billed annually
1. What is rank tracking?
Rank tracking is the practice of monitoring the search engine rankings of websites or landing pages for a particular target keyword.
2. How to track local keyword ranking?
To track your local keyword ranking, you will first need to find out which local keywords to target. Local SEO keyword research involves identifying popular keywords that will help you appear in search results when your local target audience searches for them.
To appear in local searches, specify your location and focus on keywords related to your industry or niche.
The best rank tracker tools in this post will help you track local keyword ranking.
3. What is the best way to rank high in Google search results?
There are many things you could do to rank higher in Google search results. Here are some of the best ways:
- Optimize your web pages and improve your on-site SEO
- Track your technical SEO and fix any issues
- Understand your target audience and search intent. Then create your content based on that search intent.
4. Which is the best free SEO tool?
Google Search Console and Google Analytics are probably the best SEO tools you can use for your websites.
5. Why are keywords important to SEO?
Keywords are important because it is what connects your target audience with the content you produce.
If you produce amazing content, but it is not relevant to the problems your target audience has and the solutions they are searching for, then your content will not have served its purpose.
But, on the other hand, if you perform keyword research and understand the terms your target customer is typing in the search bar of search engines like Google, then you will be able to provide them with the exact information that they need.
So, there you have it. These are the best rank tracker tools I recommend if you are looking to up your SEO game.
What challenges do you face while optimizing your web pages and blog content for search engines?
Do you currently use any of these rank tracking tools?
Leave a comment below and let us know!
DO share this post if you found it useful! 🙂