Online surveys are one of the easiest ways of making money using your phone. Companies offer people gift cards or cash in exchange for taking surveys.
Paid surveys allow you to make a quick buck for sharing your opinions or experiences online. When you complete surveys online, you will be rewarded in either cash or gift cards – depending on the company and the type of survey.
Survey apps have made the whole process a lot easier. All you need to do is download the survey app, complete your profile, enter your payment details, and start taking surveys!
In this post, I will list down the best survey apps you can use to make a side income online.
Disclaimer: If you buy something using the links in this article, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Know that I only promote stuff that I use and trust for the sake of my readers and the reputation of this website.
Table of Contents
What Are The Best Survey Apps?
Survey apps help users earn rewards or cash for taking paid online surveys. Some of the best survey apps are Swagbucks, MyPoints, Survey Junkie, Branded Surveys, and Toluna.
Swagbucks is a top-rated survey app that has more than 20 million registered users. Users earn points on this survey site by taking online surveys, playing games, and watching videos.
The points earned by paid surveys can be exchanged for gift cards or cash, just like in other survey sites.
- Wide range of rewards
- Extensive profile survey to help you find the right surveys for your demographic
- You can redeem SB points for gift cards to Target, Amazon, Starbucks, Hulu, etc.
- 1 SB point = 1 cent
- Perform online activities like watching videos, playing games, etc. (apart from taking surveys)
Swagbucks is a great survey app that allows you to earn side cash doing a number of online activities apart from just taking surveys.
You can sign up for Swagbucks here.
InboxDollars is another popular cash rewards and survey site that helps you earn spare cash for doing simple tasks like completing surveys.
InboxDollars also has a $5 signing-up bonus that is added to your account immediately after you sign up.
- $5 sign-up bonus
- Earn cash or gift cards by submitting complete surveys, shopping online, watching videos, printing coupons, etc.
- You can cash out through PayPal, check, or eGift card when you hit the $30 mark.
- An incentive to complete your profile.
- Scratch & Win Lottery tickets for confirming PaidEmails that arrive in your mail inbox.
InboxDollars is no more special than other survey apps out there. If you want to earn a few quick bucks online, give it a shot.
You can sign up for InboxDollars here.
MyPoints is an online survey app that offers a good secondary income source for those looking for one. The survey app has been around for quite some time now and offers a wide variety of options to earn points.
- Wide variety of options to earn points such as taking surveys and shopping online.
- A lot of positive reviews online and holds an A-rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Quick signup process
- Well-designed and clean site layout
- Survey apps compatible with iPhone and Android phones – earn 100 points for downloading the app.
- Score is MyPoints’ built-in browser bar that automatically adds points to your account when you make purchases.
- Easy redemption methods (such as PayPal cash) once you get 700 points.
MyPoints has a clean user interface that makes taking surveys and performing other tasks a breeze. This definitely makes it stand out among other paid survey sites.
You can sign up for MyPoints here.
4. Survey Junkie
Survey Junkie is a legitimate app that helps you earn money for taking paid online surveys.
This survey app has many positive reviews on Trustpilot when compared to other survey apps. You can easily earn points in your spare time as survey apps pay for completing surveys in exchange for cash or gift cards.
- Earn points in exchange for taking surveys.
- Low minimum redemption amount ($5) and easy redemption options in the form of gift cards and PayPal cash.
- Earn $0.50 to $3 for each completed survey.
- Well-designed, intuitive app
- Good survey vetting and rewards system
Survey Junkie gives you points exclusively fr taking online surveys that you are qualified for. It’s worth checking out if you’re looking for an easy-to-use survey app to make some fast cash.
5. Fetch Rewards
Fetch Rewards is not exactly a survey app, but it does pay you for the simple task of taking and uploading photographs of your grocery receipts when you shop online or in-store.
Fetch Rewards ten uses your grocery receipts for market research. You earn points based on the number of offers on your grocery receipt.
- Earn points in exchange for sharing your grocery receipts with offers.
- Earn at least five points for each eligible scan.
- 1,000 points = $1
- Redeem points for gift cards when you reach a minimum threshold of 3,000 points.
- Gift cards are available from stores like Amazon, Target, and Walmart and can range between $3 to $50.
Fetch Rewards helps you earn gift cards for doing your routine grocery shopping. It’s a great way to earn gift cards to major stores.
6. Branded Surveys
Branded Surveys is one of the most reputable survey apps that offer users cash or gift cards in exchange for taking paid surveys.
Branded Surveys has many positive reviews on Trustpilot – not all survey apps can boast of a 4.3 rating.
- Earn cash or gift cards for taking surveys
- A huge number of survey options
- A variety of surveys available for almost every demographic
- Easy cash-out process through gift cards and PayPal
- Low minimum payout of $10
Branded Surveys is an excellent option to earn side cash by taking inline paid surveys. Go ahead and give it a try if you want to earn a quick buck.
You can join Branded Surveys here.
7. Pinecone Research
Pinecone Research, like most survey sites, helps you make money online in exchange for taking online surveys.
Pinecone Research uses the data collected by surveys for market research. However, it doesn’t have the best reviews online, so you might want to skip this if you are looking for the best survey apps to make money.
- Earn cash or gift cards for taking online surveys and product testing.
- 100 points = $1
- You can exchange your points for cash via bank transfer to your bank account, Amazon/ Walmart/ Starbucks gift cards, movie vouchers, and more.
- Interesting online surveys on a wide variety of topics are emailed to you.
- Difficult sign-up process and relatively low pay.
Pinecone Research offers cash and gift cards in exchange for taking surveys. However, they do not have a transparent vetting process and can be very low-paying going by the online reviews.
MySoapBox is part of the Interview Service of America (ISA) and offers people donations to charity and gift cards in exchange for taking surveys online.
The data from these surveys is then provided to market research companies. MySoapBox is a great way to make more money online in your spare time.
- Online surveys offer $0.50 to $2.
- Referral bonus of $0.25 for each friend who signs up.
- No cash option – only gift cards or donations to charity.
- Minimum payout of $25.
- The threshold is low after initial cash out.
MySoapBox is a good way to be a part of an online community that offers opinions for market research, along with making donations to charity. Give it a shot if you want to make a difference.
You can join MySoapBox here.
Toluna, like most survey companies, allows you to earn a few bucks for taking surveys. It is not the best way to earn a decent income on the side but is great if you have time to spare and want to earn some spending money.
- Various survey categories (profile surveys and longer surveys)
- Redeem points through rewards, virtual gifts, or sweepstakes entries.
- Interesting surveys, but with low pay.
- Refer friends to earn extra points.
- Win points when you play Toluna’s games.
Toluna’s surveys are interesting to take, but the meager pay may be something to consider before you invest some time in the surveys site.
Intellizoom is your average survey site that helps users earn rewards for taking surveys, testing websites, and providing feedback on products.
The survey websites gather information on how people use their websites or apps.
- Make easy, quick money compared to other survey sites.
- More of a product testing site than a survey site.
- No mobile app is available, but you can access the site through your mobile web browser.
- Intellizoom offers high rewards.
- You can claim your rewards through your PayPal account and there is no minimum threshold.
Intellizoom is a survey site whose surveys pay quite well. If you want to make an impact on the products you love, Intellizoom is a good way to do that.
You can join Intellizoom here.
Shopkick is an app that allows users to earn rewards for performing simple tasks online. You can earn points without spending money as well as by making purchases.
Shopkick works both online and in-store.
- Earn rewards without spending money or by making purchases online or in-store.
- Earn $1 per referral up to 100 referrals.
- Earn points for “checking in” at certain places by keeping your app open.
- Earn $1 in gift cards when you gain 250 points.
- Redeem your gift cards from within the app.
Shopkick is a fun way to earn a few bucks every week, although it won’t earn you sizeable income on the side.
12. Zap Surveys
Zap Surveys is becoming quite popular compared to most survey apps because of their higher-paying surveys that take lesser time to complete.
Zap Surveys partner with research companies that need data to improve their products and their marketing strategies.
- Easy to sign up using your Facebook account.
- Zap Surveys donates $0.20 to charity for every $1 you earn on the app.
- Earn $6.25 for your first survey.
- The app is very user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- Cash-out a minimum of $25.
If you want to make some money taking surveys, then you might want to check out Zap Surveys.
13. National Consumer Panel
National Consumer Panel is run by Nielsen (a well-reputed market research firm). It gives panelists a chance to earn rewards by scanning the bar codes of groceries they purchase.
You need to be accepted to start receiving rewards, and this can take a while since it is based on a demographic survey.
- It is easy to apply to become a panelist through the National Consumer Panel app.
- Earn points by sending your shopping data and answering surveys.
- Earn extra points for birthdays, anniversaries, and other offers.
- Get automatic entry into monthly sweepstakes for regular participation.
- Easy way to get rewarded for things that you do every day.
National Consumer Panel helps you earn rewards for scanning the barcodes of items you purchase from grocery stores. It’s a great way to earn for something you do on a daily basis, so be sure to check it out!
What is a Survey App or a Survey Site?
A survey app or survey site pays you for answering surveys. It is a great way to earn some extra money in exchange for your time and opinions.
The types of surveys can vary from audio surveys to multiple-choice questionnaires, and pay you up to a few dollars for each completed survey. The payment usually depends on factors such as type of survey, the urgency of the survey, or survey length.
A survey app is an Android or iPhone app that can be downloaded on your phone to take surveys.
These apps usually pay you for each survey you take in the form of gift cards or cash.
A survey site works in the same way but is opened in a web browser.
You will need to enter your profile details in the survey app or survey site, along with payment details. Once you start taking surveys, your account will be credited with the cash or the gift cards will be sent to you.
Most Important Features of Survey Apps:
So, you want to download a survey app on your mobile device to make some extra cash online. But which features should you look for in a survey app?
Here are some of the features that will it easier for you to earn a good side income from survey apps:
More Options For Earning Points
Look for a survey app that offers you more options to earn rewards or points. Some survey apps offer points for carrying out simple research, web searches, watching videos, playing games, and even shopping online.
Look for survey apps that don’t require you to share a lot of personal data with them. Also, pick ones that have short surveys you can complete quickly when you have a couple of minutes to spare.
Types of Rewards For Surveys
If you plan to make a decent side income with the survey app, check the rewards they usually offer. There’s no point enrolling in survey apps that only offer gift cards or discount coupons when you are looking to make some extra money instead.
Also, check the payment options for the survey app. Most survey apps offer payment through PayPal so you may have to set up a PayPal account if you don’t have one already.
1. Can you actually make money doing surveys?
Yes. While you can definitely make a little extra spending money by taking surveys, you must keep in mind that this is not a way to earn a full-time income.
There is hard work involved in terms of searching for the best survey apps or survey apps to join and finding the best surveys to take.
Although a survey app or a survey site is a quick and easy way to earn cash, the only downside is that it is not scalable.
2. Are survey apps legit?
Most survey apps are legit and pay you in terms of money or gift cards for completing surveys or shopping online.
However, it is important to check for online reviews about the survey app before you sign up.
Also, never pay to join these survey apps. A legit survey app would want to pay YOU for your time – not the other way around!
3. How fast do survey apps pay you?
This mostly depends on the survey company you signed up with. Most companies pay for your online survey in PayPal cash as soon as you request a payment.
Other survey apps allow you to earn points for taking surveys, which you can claim at the end of their payment cycle.
4. Which survey apps pay instantly?
Although rare, there are a few survey apps that pay you instantly for watching videos, playing games, doing market research, or when you shop online:
- Opinion Outpost
5. How do they make money?
In the past, companies used to rely on dedicated focus groups to conduct market research before they launch a new product.
These days, the internet has allowed companies to take this process online – through survey apps and survey sites.
Survey apps allow people from all over the world to take surveys without having to go to a particular location.
There are market research companies that are paid by businesses to gather all this information and process it so that they can make important business decisions.
Survey apps are a great way to make some extra money on the go when you have some extra time on your hands.
You can easily make a few bucks online by participating in online surveys or doing other simple tasks while waiting for the bus, commuting to work, or watching TV.
I hope this roundup of the most popular survey apps has been helpful for you.
Have I missed any of your favorite survey apps?
Leave a comment below and I’ll add them to this list! 🙂