Best Time To Post On TikTok – What It Is And How To Find It
If you use TikTok for your business, you must be looking for ways to grow your audience and increase engagement on the social media platform. Creating quality content is important for sure, but is there a best time to post on TikTok?
The short answer is, it depends on your business and your global audience. The best times to post TikTok videos are:
- Mondays: 6 -10 AM, 10 PM
- Tuesdays: 2 – 9 AM
- Wednesdays: 7 – 8 AM, 11 PM
- Thursdays: 9 AM – 12 PM, 7 PM
- Fridays: 5 AM, 1 – 3 PM
- Saturdays: 11 AM, 7 – 8 PM
- Sundays: 7 – 8 AM, 4 PM
This, of course, depends on the time zone of your audience and when they are most likely to engage with your content. You can get this information using TikTok Analytics.
Let’s take a deeper look into the best times to post on TikTok and how you can create the right posting schedule for your business.
Disclaimer: If you buy something using the links in this article, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Know that I only promote stuff that I use and trust for the sake of my readers and the reputation of this site.
Does The Best Time To Post On TikTok Matter?
If you’re new to TikTok, you must be wondering why it’s so important to post on TikTok at a particular time.
TikTok’s algorithm favors content that gets a lot of likes and shares, and the best place to get your content seen is on TikTok’s ‘For You Page’ (FYP).
So how do you get a lot of views, likes, and shares in the first place if you don’t yet have a big enough TikTok audience?
Easy – figure out the best time to post on TikTok, and post your content at that time. There are a lot of studies that show that posting your TikTok videos at certain times on certain days of the week will get you more views and likes.
Take a look at your target audience and the time zone they belong to, experiment and figure out the best time to post your content, and create a posting schedule based on that.
When Is The Best Time To Post On TikTok?
Although there is no single best time to post on TikTok for every day of the week, there are times for each day that have proven to get more views and engagement. This again depends on where your audience lives and how many followers you have.
Keep in mind that these are just general times and may not get the best results for every business out there, so keep experimenting. Here are a few sweet time spots to post on TikTok:
- Best Time To Post On TikTok on Monday: 6:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 10:00 PM
- Best Time To Post On TikTok on Tuesday: 2:00 AM, 4:00 AM, 9:00 AM
- Best Time To Post On TikTok on Wednesday: 7:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 11:00 PM
- Best Time To Post On TikTok on Thursday: 9:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 7:00 PM
- Best Time To Post On TikTok on Friday: 5:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM
- Best Time To Post On TikTok on Saturday: 11:00 AM, 7:00 PM, 8:00 PM
- Best Time To Post On TikTok on Sunday: 7:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 4:00 PM
BUFFER VS HOOTSUITE: WHICH IS THE BETTER SOCIAL MANAGEMENT TOOL IN 2021?
HOW TO MAKE MONEY ON TIK TOK – 7 PROVEN WAYS TO BE SUCCESSFUL ON TIKTOK
REACH VS. IMPRESSIONS: WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE AND WHICH MATTERS MORE?
Finding Your Best Time To Post On TikTok
Now, you have to keep in mind that the best times to post on TikTok may vary from business to business and on where your audience resides. They are, however, a good guideline to follow if you are new to TikTok and are using a social media management tool like Hootsuite or Hootsuite alternatives.
If you have been using TikTok for a while now and haven’t been getting the results you expected, then you may have to figure out the best time to post on TikTok for your business.
To find your best time to post on TikTok, you’ll need insights from TikTok Analytics. TikTok Analytics shows you the following data, using which you can figure out the best times to post on TikTok for your business:
- Your target audience’s location,
- When your target audience is usually more active on TikTok,
- Which of your TikTok posts are receiving the most engagement from your audience, and
- When your audience is most likely to engage with your posts.
Here are the steps you can follow to gain access to insights from TikTok Analytics:
1. Switch To a Pro Account on TikTok
If you already own a TikTok account, you will have to switch to a TikTok Pro account to access audience analytics. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to your profile page and click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Go to Privacy and Settings > Manage My Account > Switch to Pro Account.
- Select a category that best suits your business, and click on Done.
You will now be able to view the Analytics option in your Privacy and Settings. However, do take note that the TikTok Pro Account is not retroactive. That means, once you switch to a pro account, you will have to wait for 7 days to see your analytics on TikTok.
2. Look at Where Your Global Audience is Located
You can easily see where your audience is located by going to TikTok’s analytics section > Followers > Top Territories.
You’ll see a handy graph showing you where your followers are from and their percentages. Ask yourself these questions:
- Where is your audience located?
- When is your audience awake?
- What times of day would they be most likely to check their TikTok?
This will help you decide the best time to post on TikTok. You can either choose the best time for the country that most of your followers reside in or choose to cover multiple time zones that overlap.
One drawback with TikTok is that it does not show you the cities that your followers belong to. This could be a challenge in countries like the US, where there are multiple time zones across the country.
To overcome this, you could check when your followers are most active.
3. Find Out When Your Followers are Most Active
To see when your followers are most active on TikTok, go to Followers > Follower Activity. This tab shows you the days and timings that your followers are engaging with your content on TikTok.
It is important to note that these timings are based on Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), so you will have to convert it using a time convertor tool to find the best time to post on TikTok.
HOW TO BECOME AN INFLUENCER – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE FOR BEGINNERS
HOW TO BECOME A DIGITAL NOMAD IN 2021 – A BEGINNER’S ULTIMATE GUIDE TO SUCCESS
HOW TO MAKE MONEY AS A COLLEGE STUDENT – 47 AWESOME AND PRACTICAL WAYS
4. Study The Performance of Your Content
Another way you can use TikTok Analytics to find the best time to post on TikTok is to study the analytics of your high-performing content.
Go to Analytics > Content to see which of your posts are receiving the highest number of views, likes shares, and comments. You’ll see this in the ‘Trending Videos’ section.
You can see what posts received the most engagement in the past 7 days. If you tap on one of these posts, you will see the following information:
- Total views
- Average watch time
- Where your viewers are located in the world
- Traffic source types (whether your traffic came from the For You Page or Following page
Make note of your best-performing posts and see when they were posted. If they were all posted on the same day (for example, Monday), and within a specific time frame, then you can pick that time frame as one of the best times to post.
Once again, remember that these times are given in UTC, so don’t forget to convert them to the right time zone.
5. Organize The Data You Collect From TikTok Analytics
TikTok shows you data for only the past 7 days, so if you would like to track your performance over time, you might want to save this data.
There are many ways you can use to save Analytics data from TikTok, and the most popular method is to store it in Google Sheets. You can track metrics like the day and time of posting, the number of likes, shares, and comments, average watch time, reach, total views, total playtime, audience territories, and traffic source (FYP or Following pages).
Saving this information in an easy-to-understand form will help you improve your TikTok strategy as time passes so that you can create more relevant and engaging content for your followers and grow your audience.
HOW MUCH DO SPONSORS PAY YOUTUBERS? GET PAID YOUR WORTH!
11+ BEST GREEN SCREEN SOFTWARE TO MAKE PROFESSIONAL-LOOKING VIDEOS!
HOW TO SELL ON FACEBOOK – THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO SUCCESSFULLY SELLING ON FACEBOOK
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to get more views on TikTok?
There are many ways you can increase your views on TikTok, and most of them revolve around creating high-quality, engaging content for your target audience:
- Create short, high-quality videos and use relevant hashtags in the description
- Collaborate with industry leaders or popular content creators in your niche
- Figure out what’s trending and use those sounds and effects in your videos
- Find out the top territories your audience belongs to, and the best time to post on TikTok
- Reply to comments and messages so that you connect with your audience
- Promote your TikTok content on other social media platforms to bring more followers to your profile
2. How do I get FYP on TikTok?
TikTok curates your feed on the ‘For You’ page based on your previous views and past interaction within the app. Most content creators would like to get seen on this page so that their target audience discovers their content.
To get on the FYP, you need to create high-quality content that resonates with your target audience. Posting on the best times on TikTok will help you get more engagement on your posts, and increase your chances of appearing on the FYP.
3. How do you go viral on TikTok?
Honestly, there’s no way anyone can predict whether a post can go viral on any social media platform, including TikTok.
That being said, you can still drastically increase your chances of going viral by:
- creating high-quality, engaging content that is relevant to your target audience,
- including relevant hashtags in your posts
- using trending music and sounds in your TikTok videos
- making the initial 5-10 seconds of your video compelling so that people stop scrolling to view your content
- including a clear call-to-action at the end of every video
4. How many TikToks should I post in a day?
Although there is no rule as to how many Tikoks you need to post each day, it helps to decide what you are comfortable with and stay consistent.
You could choose the best time to post on TikTok depending on the time zone your audience belongs to, and post one video daily. However, if you want to grow your profile, you should aim for 2-3 videos a day.
The best time to post on TikTok may look different for different businesses or different TikTok accounts. What works for one TikTok profile may not necessarily work for another.
That being said, there are some studies carried out by Influencer Marketing Hub that show that some times are better than others in terms of views and engagement:
- Best Time To Post On TikTok on Monday: 6 -10 AM, 10 PM
- Best Time To Post On TikTok on Tuesday: 2 – 9 AM
- Best Time To Post On TikTok on Wednesday: 7 – 8 AM, 11 PM
- Best Time To Post On TikTok on Thursday: 9 AM – 12 PM, 7 PM
- Best Time To Post On TikTok on Friday: 5 AM, 1 – 3 PM
- Best Time To Post On TikTok on Saturday: 11 AM, 7 – 8 PM
- Best Time To Post On TikTok on Sunday: 7 – 8 AM, 4 PM
Try experimenting with different timings and see which ones work best. You can use TikTok Analytics to study your audience and your high-performing posts to compare what works for you and what doesn’t.
Do you have a favorite time posting to make money on TikTok? Leave a comment below and let me know! 🙂