If you’re into posting live video content on popular platforms like Twitch, then you must know that you need specialized software to do this.
When it comes to choosing the best streaming software, we’ve got some great options for you.
Whether you are a newbie or a seasoned streamer, rest assured that there is perfect live streaming software you can use to offer your consumers an amazing experience every time you stream videos online.
All of the live streaming software on this list have almost the same basic features, so it all really depends on your personal preferences and budget.
If you’re just starting out, you could also look into some of the free streaming software we’ve featured in this post.
Let’s get straight into it!
Disclaimer: If you buy something using the links in this article, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Know that I only promote stuff that I use and trust for the sake of my readers and the reputation of this site.
Best Twitch Streaming Software
1. Twitch Studio
Twitch Studio is still in Beta mode, but it offers many features for new streamers.
If you are just starting out and would like some hand holding to set up your streaming software and begin streaming your video content, the Twitch Studio Beta is perfect for you!
- This video streaming software offers an easy, guided setup for new users
- Customizable templates that you can use for video and game streaming
- Integrated with Twitch
- Automatically detects the best bitrate for you depending on your internet connection and upload speed
- Built-in alert system to notify you of new followers or new subscribers
- Currently in Beta mode and available only for Windows
- Lacks advanced features and customization options
Twitch Studio Beta is completely free for all users.
2. OBS Studio
OBS Studio (Open Broadcaster Software Studio) is another popular broadcasting software among more advanced users who are able to navigate the software because of their experience and skills.
OBS Studio offers a long list of basic and advanced features than most streaming software, along with a high level of customizability. If you are an advanced user looking for more freedom and customizability, then OBS Studio is for you.
- Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Real-time audio and video mixing from multiple sources
- You can set up unlimited scenes with the video editor and switch between during a live stream
- Intuitive audio mixer with noise gate, noise suppression, and gain
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options
- Streamlined settings panel
- This streaming platform has a complex configuration process compared to other streaming platforms
- There is no dedicated support team for OBS Studio users since this is an open-source live streaming software
OBS Studio is free, open-source streaming software available to all users.
3. XSplit Broadcaster
With Xsplit Broadcaster you can access all of your video streaming controls from within a single user interface.
Xsplit Broadcaster offers a freemium model with most of its basic features available in the free version. But if you want to use the more advanced features, you will have to pay for the Premium version.
- All-in-one streaming and recording streaming software for Twitch
- This live streaming software offers users a powerful user interface with limitless customization
- Simple drag-and-drop functionality to add media like images and video
- You can stream to Twitch, Facebook, or any other of your favorite video streaming platforms
- The streaming program offers flexible and powerful plugins and extensions
- Dedicated development and support team
- Maximum limit of four scenes in the free version along with a watermark
- You cannot use the free version to stream for commercial purposes
- Available for Windows only
Xsplit Broadcaster works on a freemium model where you get the basic features for free, but have to pay for the premium features. Premium stats at $5 per month or a one-time fee of $199 for lifetime access.
4. Streamlabs OBS
Streamlabs OBS (Open Broadcast Software) is a professional open broadcaster software for free live streaming and recording.
Interestingly, Streamlabs OBS is a part of the OBS Studio created by Streamlabs. Although the two have similar basic features, Streamlabs OBS has a few more advanced features compared to OBS Studio.
- An easy and intuitive video editing tool to edit and create highlight videos from live stream replays
- The Layout Editor helps you personalize your live streaming software with drag and drop elements
- Selective recording allows you to choose the sources that appear in your live stream or recorded video
- You can save and playback an instant replay from your live stream
- Dynamic in-game overlay for single monitors
- Chatbot included with the streaming service
- Available for Windows only
- The premium version is a bit expensive for first-timers
Streamlabs OBS is a freemium streaming software. The premium features cost $12 per month.
5. NVIDIA ShadowPlay
NVIDIA ShadowPlay is a great video recording and streaming software for high-quality gaming videos and live streams.
NVIDIA ShadowPlay works as a game recording software that manually records gameplay videos. The software features a modern NVIDIA graphics card and has a DVR-style Instant Replay mode that allows you to save your gameplay or share it on social media.
- NVIDIA ShadowPlay features instant replay and record that lets you save your gameplay on your hard drive and share it on your social media channels like Facebook
- NVIDIA Highlights automatically saves key moments and match-winning plays and allows you to share them on social media using GeForce Experience
- With GeForce Experience you can start streaming your favorite games to Facebook Live, Twitch, or YouTube Live in just two clicks
- You can even capture GIFs and 8K screenshots
- NVIDIA ShadowPlay supports free overlays of your camera or custom graphics
- Lacks customization
- Only compatible with NVIDIA GPUs (Graphics Processing Units)
NVIDIA ShadowPlay is free for all users.
Wirecast is the perfect video streaming software for Twitch that allows you to create TV production quality live streams and online on-demand broadcasts.
Wirecast is a live stream service that offers superior streaming features to make your broadcasts high-quality and professional-looking. Developed by Telestream, the software offers much more in terms of features compared to other streaming software.
- Production kit to customize the look and feel of your live stream
- Wirecast Rendezvous conferencing allows you to interview remote guests on your lives stream
- Add and customize animated lower thirds and full-screen titles from the Animated Title Library
- Integrated text, Chroma Key, and built-in transitions
- Social media integration
- The software needs a high RAM and Intel processor to run
- The price is expensive for beginners and small businesses
Wirecast has a free trial version. Wirecast Studio starts at $599 and offers features such as unlimited capture and enhanced production. If you’re looking for more advanced features, Wirecast Pro offers them at $799.
vMix is a live production and streaming platform that allows you to create, record, and stream high-quality 4K videos.
vMix offers a number of customization options and effects for free and is perfect for concert live streams.
- The streaming program offers a lot of customization options
- Compatible with 4K, HD, and SD
- Supports webcam and capture card video files
- Send and receive high quality, low latency video and audio between vMix systems and NDI compatible video sources
- Live stream to Twitch, Facebook Live, YouTube, and Ustream
- 13 transition effects like cut, fade, and zoom for video editing
- Streaming tools provide advanced live production on any computer hardware
- Not mobile-compatible
- Pricing plans can be expensive for beginners
A lifetime license can cost you between $60 and $1200 depending on whether you want the basic features or want to go pro. You can also choose a monthly subscription license at $50 per month.
Onestream is one of the best streaming software that allows you to go live or schedule recorded video streams to more than 40 social media platforms simultaneously.
Onestream also allows you to embed your live streams into your website and set up live chat for your viewers.
- Supports streaming on multiple platforms simultaneously
- Allows you to schedule your pre-recorded videos for live streaming to social media up to 60 days in advance
- Embed your live streams on your website
- Offers cloud storage integration so that you can import videos directly from Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive, etc.
- Use SRT files to add cations to pre-recorded videos
- Steep learning curve
- Can be expensive for beginners
Onestream has a free version with limited features and the basic plan costs $10 per month. For more features like real-time streaming and multi-casting, you will have to go for either the standard plan ($39 per month) or the professional plan ($89 per month). You can get a discount if you pay upfront for one year.
UScreen is the best streaming and recording software for monetization. With UScreen, you don’t have to host your own live streams in order to have control over their distribution and monetization.
UScreen offers detailed analytics and reports to help you gain insights into what your audience likes.
- You can launch your own OTT streaming apps without any coding skills
- Professional quality live streaming service for the best user experience
- This broadcasting software gives you an easy way to monetize your videos
- With marketing and analytics features, you can make the most of your live streams
- Video CMS allows you to upload, organize, and distribute your videos in one place
- Lacks advanced customization features
- The basic plan is quite limited
UScreen offers three paid plans – Basic at $49 per month, Amplify at $399 per month, and a custom-priced Enterprise plan.
What Is Live Streaming Software?
Live streaming software is an indispensable tool for professional live streaming. A good live streaming software (also called broadcasting software) performs all the functions related to broadcasting like converting your video feed into an appropriate format for live production.
Other features include encoding software and video editing software. The best part about streaming software for Twitch is that you do not need to be a professional or hold any prior live streaming experience to use it.
In this next section, let’s take a look at the crucial features you need to look for in live streaming software.
What Features Do The Best Streaming Software Have?
1. Encoding Features
One of the most basic features of the best software for streaming is using the technology available to turn your videos into a suitable format that supports streaming on Twitch.
The cameras or mobile device that you use for recording your live stream videos usually record videos, but not in the format needed for broadcasting or game streaming. You will need dedicated live streaming features to do this.
2. Analytics And Reporting
Look for software that offers real-time analytics and reporting that will help you learn more about your target audience and serve them better.
Metrics like the number of viewers, new subscribers, and where your viewers are coming from will help you tailor-make your streaming videos for your audience.
3. Social Sharing And Community Features
Video streaming software that offers social media integrations will allow you to stream your videos on multiple social platforms such as Twitch, Facebook, and YouTube.
Community features help you build relationships with your viewers and keep your community engaged through live chat or alerts to your live stream.
4. Video Editing Features
Video editing will help you touch up your videos and make them more relevant to your audience. A video editor will also allow you to add subtitles or captions to your videos.
5. Pre-Existing Templates
Another one of the interesting features you would want your streaming software to have is themes and templates. These will help you make your video streaming look more professional and customized before you begin streaming.
You can also incorporate your brand graphics and visuals into these themes to make them match your brand.
What Is The Best Free Streaming Software?
OBS Studio, Twitch Studio, and XSplit Broadcaster are some of the best free streaming software options.
When choosing the best streaming software for Twitch, you need to first consider all the features you need. It’s true that most streaming software has all the basic features that you need, but it still is a good idea to consider all your options before you decide on one.
Good streaming software allows you to stream high-quality and professional-looking videos to your audience while growing your community.
What’s your favorite streaming software?
Leave a comment below and let us know!
Don’t forget to share this article with your fellow streamers so they can benefit from it too! 🙂
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?