Last Updated on October 17, 2022 by Tracy Jackson
It’s no secret that preventive maintenance is key to keeping your business running smoothly. But did you know that there are software programs (or SaaS) specifically designed to help with preventive maintenance?
These software programs might assist you in maintaining a record of your equipment, scheduling preventative maintenance tasks, and even diagnosing problems before they become serious.
MAPCON is a versatile software for preventive maintenance that can be customized to fit your unique business needs.
In addition to outlining some of the top software applications available, this blog article will go through the advantages of utilizing software for preventative maintenance.
Disclaimer: If you choose to buy something using the links in this article, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Know that I only promote stuff that I use and trust for my readers and the reputation of this site.
What is Preventive Maintenance Software?
One can use preventive maintenance software to keep your company running smoothly. Automating and scheduling regular maintenance tasks can help you avoid costly repairs and downtime.
Preventive maintenance software helps businesses minimize operational downtime, reduce costs, and extend asset life spans.
There are many different preventive maintenance software programs on the market, so how do you choose the best one for your business?
Let’s see the benefits of using software for preventative maintenance first.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Software For Preventive Maintenance?
There are many benefits of using software for preventive maintenance, whether for your podcast or website. Here are some of the most important ones:
- It helps you keep track of all your maintenance tasks in one place.
- You can schedule and assign tasks to specific employees or teams.
- You may set up reminders and notifications to ensure that tasks are done on time.
- You can track and report on the progress of each task.
- It can help you to improve the efficiency of your maintenance operations.
- It can help you to reduce the costs of your maintenance operations.
- It can help you to improve the quality of your products or services.
- It can help you to improve the safety of your products or services.
- It can help you to meet the requirements of your customers or clients.
- It can help you to protect the environment.
Using software for preventive maintenance can have many benefits for your business.
The Best Preventive Maintenance Software Systems For 2022
MAPCON is preventive maintenance software that offers an array of features to streamline your operations. For example, it has work order management, asset tracking, and scheduling capabilities.
With MAPCON, you can plan and track all your preventive maintenance activities in one place.
MAPCON is a versatile solution that can be customized to fit the unique needs of your business. Additionally, it provides a free trial so that you may use it before signing up for a membership.
- MAPCON software is designed to help you manage and control your preventive maintenance program.
- It provides a complete work order management system, including the ability to create, track, and report work orders.
- MAPCON also includes a comprehensive asset management system, allowing you to track and manage your equipment and machinery.
MAPCON offers new users a free 30-day evaluation.
Paid plans start at $30 per month or you can buy it for a flat price starting at $495.
Click Here To Check Out MAPCON!
FTMaintenance is a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) that aids in planning, scheduling, and tracking work orders, equipment maintenance, and inventory.
FTMaintenance is designed for preventive maintenance. It helps you keep track of scheduled maintenance tasks and their costs so that you can budget for them accordingly. The software also allows you to create work orders and track their progress.
FTMaintenance is a comprehensive preventive maintenance solution that helps you maintain your equipment and avoid costly downtime. Its easy-to-use interface makes it easy to track work orders, schedule maintenance tasks, and monitor inventory levels.
If you’re looking for a preventive maintenance solution that can help you keep your equipment in top condition and avoid costly downtime, FTMaintenance is an excellent option.
- If you’re looking for software to help with the preventive maintenance of your business, FTMaintenance is an excellent option. It’s easily customizable to fit the needs of any business and can be used for both small and large companies.
- Plus, it offers a free trial, so you can try it before you buy.
- It has many features, including asset management, work order management, and more.
- It’s user-friendly and easy to learn.
You can contact the FTMaintenance support team for information on the different pricing plans available.
Click Here To Check Out FTMaintenance!
3. Limble CMMS
Limble CMMS is a cloud-based computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) that helps you plan and track preventive maintenance tasks for your equipment.
It offers an intuitive interface, drag-and-drop scheduling, and automatic work order generation to make preventative maintenance easy to set up and manage.
Limble also integrates with popular accounting and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software to manage your maintenance budget and track repair costs. In addition, its mobile app lets you access work orders and asset information from anywhere.
If you’re looking for a comprehensive CMMS solution to help you streamline preventive maintenance at your business, Limble is worth considering.
- Asset management: keep track of your assets and their maintenance history in one place
- Preventive maintenance scheduling: plan and schedule preventive maintenance tasks to keep your assets in good condition
- Work order management: create and track work orders for each task so that you can see the status of each job at a glance
- Inventory management: To be ready for any repair work, keep track of your inventory and extra components.
- Reporting: generate reports to help you track the performance of your preventive maintenance program
These are just some of the critical features of Limble CMMS software that can help you with preventive maintenance.
Limble CMMS offers a free trial for all its paid plans.
Paid plans are as follows:
- Starter starts at $40 per month, billed annually
- Professional starts at $70 per month, billed annually
- Business Plus starts at $105 per month, billed annually
- Enterprise starts at $185 per month, billed annually
Click Here To Check Out Limble CMMS!
Upkeep is a powerful software that helps you keep your business in shape. It allows you to track and manage all preventive maintenance aspects, from scheduling to work order management.
Upkeep is easy to use and provides a wealth of features to help you stay on top of your game.
If you’re looking for comprehensive software to help you with your preventive maintenance, Upkeep is an excellent option. It’s feature-rich and easy to use, making it a valuable tool for any business.
Both a free and a premium version of maintenance are available. Small enterprises or those just commencing preventative maintenance would benefit significantly from the free version. For larger firms, the paid version offers more features and flexibility.
Whichever version you choose, Upkeep is a valuable tool that can help you keep your business in top shape. So if you’re ready to take your preventive Maintenance to the next level, Upkeep preventative maintenance scheduling software is worth considering.
- Upkeep is a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) that helps you manage your business’ preventive maintenance.
- With Upkeep, you can schedule and track work orders, create asset and equipment histories, set up recurring work orders, and more.
- PM Scheduling feature helps maintenance managers create preventive maintenance tasks that are calendar-based and runtime-based.
- Upkeep makes it easy to keep your business’ preventive maintenance on track and ensures that your equipment is always in top condition.
- Upkeep’s mobile app makes it easy to manage your preventive maintenance on the go, and you can even create work orders and track assets from your mobile device.
- Upkeep offers a free trial, so you can try out the software to see if it’s a good fit for your business.
- Upkeep is an excellent choice for businesses of all sizes that need an easy-to-use, effective preventive maintenance solution.
Upkeep offers a free trial for all its paid plans.
Paid plans are as follows:
- Starter starts at $45 per month per user
- Professional starts at $75 per month per user
- Business Plus at custom pricing depending on your needs
Click Here To Check Out Upkeep!
eMaint is a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) that keeps track of work orders, asset data, and maintenance schedules.
With eMaint, businesses can automate preventive maintenance tasks and keep better records of their equipment servicing history.
eMaint offers a free software trial so businesses can try it before committing to a subscription. eMaint’s main features include work order management, asset tracking, and preventive maintenance scheduling.
With eMaint, businesses can create work orders for their maintenance staff. They can also track their assets and view preventive maintenance schedules. eMaint offers a variety of reports that companies can use to track their equipment servicing history.
eMaint is an excellent alternative if you seek software to assist with preventative maintenance.
- eMaint is a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- It provides work order management, scheduling, and equipment inventory capabilities
- eMaint also offers preventive maintenance functionality
- Preventive maintenance tasks can be scheduled based on time, meter readings, or both
- The software can generate reports that show compliance with preventive maintenance programs
- eMaint integrates with other business systems, such as accounting and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software.
Other Key Features:
- Asset management solution
- Work order management
- Inventory management
- Preventive maintenance scheduling
- Reporting and analytics
- Integrations with other business systems
- Mobile app
- Web-based platform
- Customer support
eMaint offers a free trial for all its paid plans.
Paid plans are as follows:
- Team starts at $69 per user per month
- Professional starts at $85 per user per month
- Enterprise starts at $120 per user per month
Click Here To Check Out eMaint!
Fiix is a cloud-based preventive maintenance software that helps you keep your business running smoothly.
It offers users a simple, intuitive interface for managing their assets and facilities. Fiix also provides users access to a knowledge base of best practices and an online community of experts.
With Fiix, you can easily track and manage your assets, schedule and track preventive maintenance tasks, and generate reports. Fiix also offers a mobile app that allows you to view your data and perform maintenance tasks on the go.
Fiix is an excellent choice for businesses of all sizes that need an easy-to-use, effective preventive maintenance solution.
- Easily schedule and track work orders
- Generate reports to monitor maintenance progress
- Asset management to keep track of your equipment
- Customizable dashboards and settings
- Integrated with other business software for a seamless experience
Fiix has a free forever plan.
Paid plans are as follows:
- Basic at $45 per user per month
- Professional at $75 per user per month
- Enterprise at custom pricing
You can get 1 month free if you choose to pay for these plans annually.
Click Here To check Out Fiix!
MPulse is a great software for preventive maintenance. It has all the features you need to keep your business running smoothly.
MPulse is an affordable, reliable, and user-friendly solution that helps you efficiently manage preventive maintenance. It offers a customizable dashboard, so you can see all the information you need at a glance.
MPulse also has a built-in work order management system so that you can keep track of all the preventive maintenance tasks.
Overall, MPulse is the best alternative if you seek an economical and dependable solution.
- Scheduling: You can schedule PMs for individual pieces of equipment or an entire group. The software will automatically create a task order and design it according to the time intervals you’ve set.
- Asset Tracking: Keep track of your assets and their maintenance history with the asset tracking feature. This information can create customized maintenance plans for each piece of equipment.
- Inventory Management: tracks and manages inventory levels for spare parts and consumables. It ensures that you have the necessary supplies when PMs are due.
- Reporting: Generate reports to track maintenance costs, equipment downtime, and more. You may utilize the information to enhance your entire preventative maintenance routine.
A complete preventative maintenance program that can be adjusted to your company’s needs is called MPulse. Its powerful features can help you improve the efficiency of your maintenance operations and reduce downtime.
MPulse Software offers the following paid plans:
- Professional at $80 per user per month
- Advanced at $100 per user per month
- Enterprise at $130 per user per month
Click Here To Check Out MPulse Software!
Businesses may track and manage their fleets of cars with Fleetio, a cloud-based fleet management solution. It offers features for preventive maintenance, fuel tracking, and driver safety. Fleetio also provides a mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
Fleetio is an excellent option for businesses that want to track and manage their vehicles. It offers features for preventive maintenance, fuel tracking, and driver safety. Fleetio also provides a mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
If you’re looking for a comprehensive fleet management solution, Fleetio is worth considering.
- Efficient Maintenance Management: With Fleetio, you can manage your maintenance operations with ease. The software offers a centralized location for all your maintenance records, making tracking and scheduling repairs easy.
- Preventive Maintenance Scheduling: Fleetio helps you keep your vehicles on the road by scheduling preventive maintenance tasks. With the software, you can set up recurring maintenance tasks and receive alerts when they are due.
- Repair History Tracking: Fleetio keeps track of each vehicle’s maintenance history to determine what needs to be serviced. Making informed decisions about repairs and preventative maintenance is possible with this knowledge.
- Vehicle Inspections: Fleetio makes it easy to schedule and track vehicle inspections. With the software, you can create inspection checklist items and receive alerts when they are due.
- Fuel Tracking: Fleetio tracks your fuel usage and costs to see how your vehicles perform. The software can also help you find the best fuel prices in your area.
- Mileage Tracking: Fleetio tracks the mileage of your vehicles, so you can see how much they are being driven. In addition, planning preventative maintenance duties and tracking previous repairs may be done using this information.
- Vehicle Maintenance Analytics: Fleetio provides detailed reports on your vehicle maintenance, so you can see where your money is being spent. The software can also help you find ways to save on maintenance costs.
- Customizable Reports: Fleetio offers customizable reports, so you can see the information that is most important to you. The software can track vehicle performance, fuel usage, maintenance costs, and more.
- 24/ Seven Support: Fleetio offers 24/seven support, so you can get help when needed. The software also provides a knowledge base and online training to help you get the most out of the software.
- 14-Day Free Trial: Fleetio offers a 14-day free trial, so you can try the software before you buy it. With the trial, you can access all the software’s features and see how it can benefit your business.
Fleetio offers a 14-day free trial for new users.
Paid plans are as follows:
- Starter at $3 per vehicle per month, billed annually
- Pro at $5 per vehicle per month, billed annually
- Advanced at $7 per vehicle per month, billed annually
Click Here To Check Out Fleetio!
9. MaintiMizer By Ashcom Technologies
MaintiMizer is a cloud-based preventive maintenance software that helps businesses streamline maintenance operations.
It features an asset management module that lets users track and manage their assets and a work order management module that allows businesses to schedule and track maintenance tasks.
MaintiMizer also offers a mobile app allowing users to access their maintenance data anywhere.
MaintiMizer is an excellent preventive maintenance software for businesses of all sizes. It is easy to use and offers a variety of features that can help companies to streamline their maintenance operations.
If you are looking for preventive maintenance software, MaintiMizer is worth considering.
- With MaintiMizer, you can easily schedule and track all your preventive maintenance tasks in one place.
- You can also create preventive maintenance templates for easy task scheduling
- You can manage your work orders and assets quickly.
- Additionally, MaintiMizer provides inventory management and budgeting features to help you control the costs of your maintenance operations.
Overall, MaintiMizer is an excellent software solution for businesses of all sizes that need to streamline their preventive maintenance operations.
The pricing is not mentioned on the website. Get in touch with customer support to get a quote.
Click Here To Check Out Maintimizer!
Is A Preventive Maintenance System Necessary For SMBs?
Preventive maintenance is a regularly scheduled service performed on equipment to prevent it from breaking down or malfunctioning. This kind of maintenance may be done on various systems, including the plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems.
While some businesses may view preventive maintenance as an unnecessary expense, it can save money in the long run by avoiding costly repairs.
What Are The Important Functions Of Preventive Maintenance Software?
1. Work Orders:
Preventive maintenance software streamlines the creation of work orders. You can easily create, assign, and track work orders from a centralized system.
By doing this, the team is guaranteed that everyone is informed of upcoming maintenance tasks and can accomplish them on schedule.
Preventive maintenance software should give you the ability to generate reports. These reports can help you track progress, identify potential issues, and improve your preventive maintenance program.
The reports generated by preventive maintenance software can also be used to provide information to other departments within your company.
3. Inventory Management:
Preventive maintenance software can help you keep track of your inventory so you know what needs to be replenished and when. This is highly vital if your organization has a lot of moving pieces.
An inventory management system will save you time and money by monitoring your assets and ensuring they are in good operating order.
4. Asset Management:
This is one of the critical functions of preventive maintenance software. It helps businesses keep track of their assets and ensure that they are adequately maintained.
In addition, by keeping track of asset information, companies can make better decisions about when to replace or repair equipment.
Asset management features can also help businesses keep track of inventory levels and budgets for future purchases.
5. Preventive Maintenance:
Regularly scheduled inspections, testing, and other maintenance procedures are preventive maintenance because they aim to stop problems from happening. Preventative maintenance is to prevent or lessen the effects of equipment failure.
Equipment failures can cause production downtime, safety hazards, environmental incidents, and financial losses. By performing regular preventive maintenance, businesses can avoid these consequences and ensure that their equipment operates safely and efficiently.
Many different preventive maintenance activities can be performed, depending on the equipment involved. Some everyday activities include:
- Inspections: Regularly inspecting equipment for signs of wear or damage is an integral part of preventive maintenance. Inspections can be performed manually or with the help of specialized equipment.
- Testing: Equipment should be tested regularly to ensure it functions properly. This can include load testing, pressure testing, and leak testing.
- Cleaning and lubrication: Keeping equipment clean and well-lubricated helps to prevent wear and tear. This can be performed by yourself or with the use of specialized tools.
- Adjustments and repairs: Minor adjustments and repairs can be made to the equipment to keep it functioning correctly. These activities should be performed by qualified personnel.
Preventive maintenance is an essential part of keeping businesses running smoothly. Companies can avoid the consequences of equipment failure by regularly scheduled inspections, tests, and other maintenance activities.
Preventive maintenance software can also streamline and automate your purchasing process. Integrating your existing accounting and inventory management systems ensures that the right parts and materials are always on hand when needed. This can help to reduce downtime and improve overall efficiency.
Additionally, some preventive maintenance software solutions offer features like asset tracking and work order management. This can help you to keep track of your assets and ensure that all maintenance tasks are properly recorded and tracked.
7. Web Access:
The best preventive maintenance software will offer web-based access from any computer with an internet connection.
Web Access means you can view your data and perform preventive maintenance tasks from anywhere in the world.
In addition, some software packages also offer mobile apps for even greater flexibility. These apps allow you to view your data and perform preventive maintenance tasks while you’re on the go.
Q1. What Are The 3 Types Of Preventive Maintenance?
To avoid breakdowns preventive maintenance is a sort of maintenance that is done routinely. The three types of preventive maintenance are:
- Corrective Maintenance: This preventive maintenance is performed to correct problems that have already occurred.
- Predictive Maintenance: This preventive Maintenance is performed to predict future problems and prevent them from occurring.
- Preventive Maintenance: This preventive maintenance is performed to prevent failures.
Q2. Why Is Preventive Maintenance Costly?
Preventive maintenance is thought of as being costly when in reality, it can save businesses a lot of money in the long run.
The initial investment may be higher than fixing things as they break, but it can avoid more extensive and expensive problems. Additionally, unplanned downtime can be very costly for businesses, so preventive maintenance scheduling software can also help prevent this.
When done correctly, preventative maintenance can be a very cost-effective way to keep a business running smoothly.
Several factors contribute to the cost of preventive maintenance:
- The cost of the materials needed to do the maintenance may include things like replacement parts, fluids, and other consumables.
- The cost of labor. It also can be significant, especially if trained professionals do the maintenance.
- Administrative costs are associated with preventive maintenance, such as planning and scheduling.
While the upfront costs of preventive maintenance may be higher than simply fixing things as they break, it is essential to remember that it can save businesses a lot of money in the long run.
In addition, unplanned downtime can be very costly for companies, so preventive maintenance can also help avoid this.
When done correctly, preventative maintenance can be a very cost-effective way to keep a business running smoothly.
Preventive maintenance is a vital part of any business, big or small. Investing in good preventative maintenance software and work order software can save your business time and money in the long run. Do your research and choose the best software for your needs.
What are some other benefits of preventive maintenance management software? Let me know in the comments below! 🙂
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?