Warehouse management software helps managers track and control daily warehouse or distribution center activities like storage, inventory management, shipping, and organizing stock.
A warehouse management system can be used alone or in combination with supply chain solutions or ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software.
In today’s post, I’ll list out the top warehouse management software solutions that are used by successful businesses to manage their warehouse activities. I will also talk about the important features and benefits of warehouse management systems and how you can use these solutions to take your business to the next level.
Let’s get into it!
Disclaimer: If you buy something using the links in this article, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Know that I only promote stuff that I use and trust for the sake of my readers and the reputation of this site.
What Is a Warehouse Management System (WMS)?
Warehouse management systems, or warehouse management solutions, are software solutions that are created to help managers and other users to increase the efficiency of warehouse processes such as tracking inventory and supply chain management.
A warehouse management system also helps in warehouse operations like labor management and receiving, picking, and organizing inventory items quicker and error-free.
Benefits Of A Warehouse Management System
There are tons of benefits to using a WMS solution. Here are some of the main advantages:
1. WMS software helps you to boost productivity by improving the speed and accuracy of various warehouse and distribution center activities like inventory tracking, transportation management, inventory control, yard management, and supply chain system management.
2. WMS systems help you save time and money by helping users deal more efficiently with software vendors and supply chains. Warehouse automation tools like barcode scanners and radio frequency identification tags help you keep track of items available in your warehouse space and help minimize wastage and loss.
3. A WMS system helps you increase customer satisfaction due to the improved efficiency in various processes. Customer relationship is one of the most important aspects of your business, and a warehouse management system helps you build stronger bonds by reducing packaging and shipping times.
11 Best Warehouse Management Software For Your Business
1. Fishbowl Inventory
Fishbowl Inventory is warehouse management software that helps you streamline your business processes like inventory management and asset tracking.
Fishbowl Inventory is suited for organizations of all sizes and helps automate manufacturing and inventory management issues.
- A centralized platform that integrates with QuickBooks, Xero, Shopify, and more.
- Robust reporting features that gather data from processes and so that users can discover trends and optimize their processes.
- Offers shipping support by allowing users to print shipping labels. Integrates with FedEx and UPS.
- Inventory management features allow users to automate reordering and track inventory with barcoding printing and scanning.
- Multi-location support helps users get a bird’s eye view of multiple warehouses and monitor stock levels in multiple locations.
Fishbowl inventory pricing starts at $4,395 and is priced by the number of user licenses and the support plan. You can choose to renew annually to continue accessing support and software updates, or pay once and own the software forever without support and updates.
2. Oracle NetSuite WMS
Oracle NetSuite is a warehouse management software that is designed to streamline mission-critical processes from financial performance to supply chain management and beyond.
Oracle NetSuite offers powerful warehouse and fulfillment features that help users manage end-to-end inventory issues and inbound/outbound logistics in real-time.
- Financial management features along with built-in business intelligence that enables smarter and quicker decision-making.
- Intuitive planning, budgeting, and forecasting solution that helps shorten cycle times and improve your planning process.
- Supply chain management features allow users to work on supply chain/distribution management plans from a single, collaborative platform.
- Warehouse and fulfillment features help users to manage end-to-end inventory and inbound/outbound logistics in real-time while minimizing the total cost of ownership.
- Helps improve the accuracy of procure-to-pay processes and optimize for cost-certainty.
Oracle NetSuite WMS pricing starts at $499 per month.
3. Infor Supply Chain Management
Infor Supply Chain Management offers intelligent, real-time supply chain solutions by digitalizing end-to-end supply chain processes. This warehouse management software allows users to gain real-time visibility for data-driven decisions and optimal delivery to customers.
- Infor Supply Chain Management is cloud-based, meaning all the data is uploaded to the WMS cloud. this offers users a lower cost of ownership, enables scalability and improves security and uptime.
- Users have access to all updates since the software is cloud-based.
- Delivers supply chain software for enterprise productivity.
- A comprehensive platform that offers users total visibility and control. A single view of orders, shipments, and inventory allow users to improve velocity and respond to disruptions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Infor offers local warehouse management and international transportation planning and execution. The software allows for streamlined appointment scheduling, directed put-away, returns, cross-docking, and flow-through.
You will need to contact Infor for custom pricing based on your requirements.
Blueyonder’s Luminate Logistics, formerly known as JDA warehouse management software, is a customer-driven supply chain platform.
Luminate Logistics offers users an end-to-end execution platform for flexible and fully autonomous distribution networks.
- Artificial Intelligence /Machine Learning-based supply chain platform that recognizes problems before they happen and offers solutions.
- An end-to-end platform that offers artificial intelligence and machine learning to help drive an autonomous distribution network delivered in a SaaS environment on Microsoft Azure.
- The digitally connected ecosystem allows users to gain access to networks and marketplaces for dynamic capacity and pricing of freight and last-mile providers.
- Unified logistics operations help in the planning, execution, and orchestration of end-to-end logistics operations.
- Helps users in seamless planning and resource utilization.
Luminate Logistics offers users a free trial. You will need to get in touch with their team for custom pricing.
5. Tecsys (Elite Warehouse Management Software)
Tecsys Supply Chain Management Software (Elite Warehouse Management) helps in end-to-end supply chain visibility.
Elite Warehouse Management helps users eliminate inefficiencies, improve order accuracy, reduce operating costs and attain high levels of service.
- Patented Visual Logistics technology provides users clear visual instructions to increase efficiency and accuracy at the lowest possible operating cost.
- Innovative technology and system-directed processes help users extend, scale, and adapt to the complex fulfillment challenges and demands of customers.
- Elite allows you to scale up or scale down depending on your current requirements.
- Collaborate with customers, suppliers, and partners with complete operational visibility.
- Elite offers flexible and modifiable workflows to do more with less and eliminate errors.
Pricing is not mentioned on the website, but you can speak to one of their experts to work out custom pricing based on your requirements.
Softeon provides users a full suite of flexible end-to-end supply chain software solutions.
Softeon’s Warehouse Management System provides powerful features to optimize distribution and comprehensively handle inventory management, order picking and packing, barcode warehouse management, and more.
- Flexible WMS software that can be delivered as a cloud-based warehouse management system or as an on-premise deployment.
- Softeon provides a WMS convergence platform with a portfolio of supporting modules operating on a common technology platform with integration across its full suite of products.
- Built-in flexibility with robust configuration parameters.
- Softeon offers direct integration and optimization of a variety of materials handling system technologies.
- Its “pick route” feature allows the configuration of multiple order picking strategies and parameters.
Softeon’s site does not mention pricing, but you can contact them to discuss your project requirements so that they can give you a quote.
7. SAP Warehouse Management
SAP Warehouse Management offers users flexible, automated support in processing all goods movements and in managing stocks in your warehouse complex.
SAP Warehouse Management offers tools for the scheduled and efficient processing of all warehouse logistics processes.
- Storage Bin Management allows users to map entire storage facilities in the warehouse management system to manage material stocks at the storage bin level.
- Users can process all goods movements such as goods receipts, goods issues, material staging for production, stock transfers, and other movements that affect the warehouse using this WMS.
- This WMS gives users an overview of all goods issues and warehouse stocks so that they can plan, monitor, and optimize work processes.
- Mobile radio frequency terminals help users to structure the work in the warehouse efficiently and cost-effectively.
- SAP allows you to run the WMS as a standalone decentralized warehouse management system, independent of a central enterprise resource planning system (ERP system).
Pricing depends on your requirements.
8. Aptean Catalyst WMS
Aptean offers robust and scalable WMS software with end-to-end visibility. With enhanced visibility and control across every area of operations, users can deliver accurate and timely results for their customers.
- Electronically receive inbound shipment information and advanced shipping notices (ASNs).
- Configurable putaway strategies allow users to use warehouse space efficiently.
- Aptean supports various pickup types like RF picking, voice picking, paper picking, and material handling equipment.
- Aptean offers loading and shipping features that help reduce overall freight charges.
- Labor management helps improve productivity by monitoring and optimizing the performance of individual workers. It also helps to reduce labor costs.
Contact the Aptean WMS team through their website for customized pricing options.
9. HighJump WMS (Korber)
HighJump WMS (now Korber) offers Agile WMS solutions for the dynamic supply chain. Korber’s industry-leading warehouse management system (WMS) allows users to quickly and efficiently track their warehouse and distribution center processes.
- Korber WMS solutions are highly configurable and adaptable, giving users unmatched flexibility.
- Korber offers solutions for both straightforward operations as well as for high volume, complex enterprises.
- Integrates with ERP systems to decrease implementation time and cost.
- This WMS offers users out-of-the-box functionalities for receiving and putting away, inventory management, warehouse transfers, cross-docking, kicking and packing, shipping, and more.
- With a single integrated supply chain platform, Korber gives users the power to extend their capabilities with supply chain applications.
HighJump (Korber) offers a quote-based plan that you can discuss with the vendor according to your company’s requirements.
10. LFS WMS
EPG (Ehrhardt Partner Group) offers intelligently connected warehouse management (LFS) that helps users plan and control their entire flow of materials and information, and manage operational planning of staff and resources.
- EPG ONE™ Warehouse Management System (LFS) safely guides the movement of all manual and automated storage units with maximum transparency.
- Customizable logistics workflows that run on all common platforms like Windows, Linux, and IBM iSeries (AS/400, i5), as well as on Android and iOS operating systems for mobile applications.
- The flexible license model allows one license for all user sites regardless of the number of clients added or users.
- Real-time process data allows users to have an overview of all logistics processes.
- Powerful employee and resource management tools.
Since the requirements for any warehouse management system differ from customer to customer, LFS does not have a fixed pricing model. You can contact the support team to discuss your company’s requirements and they will get back to you with a quote.
11. Deposco Warehouse
Deposco warehouse management, known as Bright Warehouse, offers users company-wide visibility, extensive flexibility, and real-time data generation, no matter the size of the company or the enterprise.
With Bright Warehouse, users can pick, pack, and ship orders quickly and accurately using optimized processes.
- Bright Warehouse allows users to strategically fulfill orders by using waved or waveless strategies based on priority or order size.
- Network-wide inventory visibility offers users the ability to manage all inventory and warehouse processes including physical cycle counting, tracking, and replenishment.
- Bright Warehouse directly integrates with the parcel and local carriers, generates shipping labels, documentation and provides tracking for both you and your customer.
- The advanced scanning technology creates a clear fulfillment process for teams to work efficiently.
- Material handling technology helps automate processes and seamlessly integrate with automation systems.
Reach out to their supply chain experts through the Deposco website to communicate your requirements and they will provide you a custom quote.
What are the key features of a warehouse management system?
Here are the core functions of warehouse management software:
- Real-time visibility of inventory
- Asset tracking
- Warehouse analytics and reporting tools
- Cloud-based software
- Automated picking and packing
- Dynamic route planning
- Inventory movement and order management
What are some important questions to ask vendors when evaluating warehouse management software?
Many WMS vendors will be happy to help you find the best WMS solution to suit your needs. Here are some of the questions you need to ask WMS vendors before you choose the WMS you want to invest in:
- Is this system specialized software for my industry-specific needs?
- Is the software a cloud-based WMS?
- Can I use this WMS to scale my business?
- How much user support can I expect once I have purchased the cloud-based solution?
- Does this WMS offer cross-functionality for various business processes and distribution operations?
- Does the WMS have a user-friendly interface?
- What are some limitations of this cloud-based system?
The right warehouse management software can help you make your systems more efficient and scale your business.
Before you choose a warehouse management software to work with, you need to evaluate the features and benefits of the software application and see which features you would like to use the most for your day-to-day warehouse activities.
Do you currently use warehouse management software for your business? If so, which one do you use?
What are the features you would love to see in warehouse management software?
Let us know in the comment section below!
Also, please share this post if you found it helpful! 🙂